Complete Rules of the “CBRE Meeting Room of the Year 2018” Competition
Promoter and Organizer
CBRE s.r.o., IČ: 257 59 604, is the promoter and organizer of the Competition, with headquarters in Prague 1 – Nové Město, nám. Republiky 1a /1079, PSČ 110 00, registered in the Commercial Registry held by the City Court in Prague, file reference C 67713 (hereinafter to referred to as the “Organizer”).
The name of the Competition is called “CBRE Meeting Room of the Year, 2018” (hereinafter to referred to as the “Competition”).
Duration of the Competition, the Method of Announcing the Competition
1) The Competition will be held during the period from 11. 6. 2018 to the announcement ceremony held in February, 2019. Registration for the Competition will be underway from 11. 6. 2018 to 21. 10. 2018.
2) The Competition instructions including these rules and all details on the Competition will be published on the Organizer’s website, https://www.zasedackaroku.cz/ (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
3) Participation in the Competition is free of charge.
Conditions for Participating in the Competition
1) Participants in the Competition may be a legal entity and in the case of the category called “Architectural Design” may even be a natural person – an entrepreneur (a self-employed person, free-lance professions, etc.) established in the Czech Republic, meeting all conditions stated in this article on Competition rules (hereinafter to referred to as (“Contestants”).
2) Companies that have proprietary, employment or any other participation by a member of the jury are disqualified, as are partners companies of the Competition.
3) To be included in the Competition, the Contestant must meet all the following terms and conditions, in addition to those in paragraph 1 of this article at the same time:
- a) Fill out the registration form on the Website.
- b) When filling out the registration form, the Contestant chooses any number of categories in which to sign up their interior premises for. The final classification of a Contestant in a particular category or category within the Competition is solely at the discretion of the jury.
- c) The Contestant shall attach photos of the space that will be judged during the Competition (a minimum of 5 photographs per category, with a size of 300 DPI). The whole disposition of the space must be clearly displayed in the photos and the details and photographs must be delivered in sufficient quality for publication on the Website and printed publications. It must be a real space, not a visualisation.
- d) The interiors of the Contestants must simultaneously be after final inspection and be in use by its staff. This condition must be fulfilled by the end of the registration period of 21.10.2018 at the latest.
- e) The Contestant grants voluntarily, freely, seriously and without any pressure by the Organizer to grant the approval for publishing photographs from the Competition in connection with their company, on the Website, press releases, the media, partner sites and other communication channels (especially social networks) related to the Competition. In this context, the Contestant is required to possess all the copyright, licensing and performer rights to such photographs and ensure that no third party in the context of the Organizer has any claims on them whatsoever. Otherwise, the Contestant is obliged to settle such claims at its own expense.
4) The Contestant may register the same interior repeatedly, even in consecutive years, as long as the registered interior fulfils the conditions according to Article IV, paragraph 3d).
5) A company which has already won any category of the CBRE Meeting Room of the Year Competition may become a Contestant repeatedly only on the condition it registers different premises than the previous year. This does not apply to the Public Voting category unless the company has already won this categoriy in previous year.
Winning and How to Determine the Winners
1) Four main categories will be evaluated by the professional jury in the Competition: Meeting Room of the Year, The Most Attractive Working Environment, The Office as the DNA of the Company and Small Office.
2) These four categories will be further evaluated under the auspices of professional guarantors in the Competition: Healthy Office, Future-proof and Innovative Offices, Smart Cooperation and Architectural Design.
3) The Competition also allows the general public to take part in decide the category The Public Voting.
4) A jury consisting of 7 members nominates the finalists and the subsequent winners in the following categories: Meeting of the Year, The Most Attractive Working Environment, The Office as the DNA of the Company, Small Office. In the other categories, the finalists and winners are evaluated by the professional guarantors of each category according to their rules and related questionnaires. The Healthy Office category is sponsored by the Czech Green Building Council, the Smart Cooperation category by Spaceti and Future-proof and Innovative Offices is guaranteed by Skanska. The Faculty of Architecture at The Czech Technical University in Prague (ČVUT) is the expert guarantor of the Architectural Design category, where the winners are selected by the students of the department together with the jury president, architect Eva Jiřičná. This category is intended only for architects and architectural studies that present their realized projects, always with the consent of the company concerned.
5) The Public Voting category is won by the company with the largest number of votes (excluding duplicate entries from the same IP address) and only the total number of votes from the winning company will be announced and published.
6) In each Competition category, only the winner of the given category will be announced (the Contestant who ranks first) and he also qualifies for a material prize, granted by the Promoter and Organizer of the Competition from the Competition’s partners.
7) The winners of the Competition will be determined by the expert jury based on the following criteria: innovation of the work environment, originality of the idea, design of the space, diversity, innovation, comfort, atmosphere, harmony with the spirit of the category in which it competes and the overall impression of the corporate environment.
Other Important Facts of the Competition
1) By signing up for the Competition in the manner described above, the Contestant demonstrates their explicit consent to Competition rules as they are laid down by the Organizer and how they are published in full in the manner according to Article IV. Paragraphs 1–5 of these rules.
2) The Organizers is entitled to change the rules of the Competition unilaterally or cancel it at any time during the Competition. However, the Organizer is obliged to disclose this fact without undue delay in the same way as the Competition rules have been published, at the same time they are obliged to publish the amended version of the rules.
3) Organizer is entitled to check compliance with the rules of this Competition, as well as compliance with rules for participating in the Competition and takes the necessary steps to remedy the violation. The Organizer is entitled to definitely judge any questions surrounding this Competition or question related to this Competition, either directly or indirectly related to it.
4) In the event that a Contestant acts under Article IV. Paragraph 3 of these rules by entering the Competition, stating invalid details, is no longer entitled to any winnings and will be excluded from the Competition. Similarly, Contestants will be excluded from the Competition in the event that it becomes clear that their participation in the Competition has failed to meet any further conditions for taking part in the Competition under Article IV of these rules.
5) The Organizer reserves the right to remove any Contestant form the Competition who in the scope of the Competition is vulgar, aggressive or acts contrary to good behavior, or who in the Competition attacks the good name of the Organizer of the Competition, its business partners or otherwise interferes with smooth operations of the Competition. Similarly, any Contestant will be eliminated who fraudulently affects or tries to influence this Competition.
6) The Contestant does not have the right to be notified of elimination from the Competition by the Organizer. In the event a Contestant, who was named the winner, is excluded from the Competition, they are obliged to return the Contestant winnings including its accessories to the one who provided them for the Competition and compensate them for any damage. If they do not voluntarily comply, the one who won the Competition has the right to claim the award and its accessories by a judicial process.
7) In all these cases, the Contestant will not be entitled to compensation for any costs or damages that might result from being eliminated (excluded) from the Competition.
8) The Contestant is not entitled to claim in connection with the Competition and the Organizer is not obliged to convey to the Contestant any payment other than that specified in these rules, including the cash payments.
9) The Organizer is not responsible to the Contestants for payments (prizes) provided by third parties and the warranty and other conditions regarding all winnings are governed solely by the terms of these suppliers and general legislation. Eventual claims for defects in payments will be applied exclusively to defective product suppliers who are the only one entitled to handle such claims.
10) The Organizer is not responsible for any technical difficulties or defects arising or manifesting themselves in connection with the course of the Competition.
Validity of rules: These rules are valid from 11. 6. 2018.
Consent to Processing Personal Data
The Contestant enters the Competition by granting the Organizer permission to process his/her personal data, subject to the following conditions:
1) Personal information that will be used:
- Name and surname,
- Postal address,
- E-mail address,
- Telephone contact.
2) The purpose of the personal used for is:
Participating in the CBRE Meeting Room of the Year 2018 Competition including all related events and activities (marketing, promotional, commercial presentations and communication before, during and after the Competition through all available information channels (Internet and web periodicals, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Radio, TV etc.)
3) The duration of the use of the data is:
- For the duration of the Competition and the following 5 years after its completion.
The Contestant declares that he/she has been duly informed of his/her personal data being entrusted to the Organizer to process and protect his/her personal data and the aforementioned personal data is accurate and true and is provided to the Organizer on a voluntary basis. The Contestant is entitled to withdraw his/her consent at any time by sending a written appeal to the address of the Organizer of the Competition or to the e-mail address of the contest Organizer firstname.lastname@example.org.